Tuesday, June 30, 2015

RIP - Vent!

I try to live humbly. I don't have the latest and greatest of anything at all. My clothes are mostly 5+ years old. Don't even ask about my car. I get a used car when the old one either dies completely or I total it in an ugly accident. And cell phone? I've used the same iPhone 3 for about 5 years maybe. The screen was badly cracked about 2 years ago. Hey, it still worked so I found no need to get a newer one. And I admit, I'm the frugal type. I'm not signing up for a 2-year cell phone contract for $100 a month just to have a new smart phone every 2 years. LOL I'm terrible!!!

But the iPhone 3 has started becoming less and less functional. Apps don't work too often and the touch screen isn't as great. So last month I convinced myself to upgrade. Not to an iPhone 6 Plus. But to a state-of-the-art iPhone 4. I absolutely loved it. Only issue, which is a HUGE issue, is that it's a Verizon phone. I do not get reliable Verizon phone service here. Metro Atlanta of all places! You'd think I'd be well covered. But I'm not. My 3 was an AT&T phone and my service was incredible.

But the apps I was able to run were incredible. A medication reminder, a blood glucose log, games, etc. I was loving it. So last night I decided to wash my bedsheets. I had my phone on the charger on my bed and I made a point of taking my phone off my bed. Since I had alot of extra room in the washer I decided to add a few more sheets that I had used. Apparently, my phone fell in this pile without me knowing it.

I immediately put my phone in rice to absorb the moisture. Not sure how long you're supposed to do this. But I tried plugging my phone in today, and sure enough, it didn't work. I don't think it will ever work again. I got one month of use out of it.

Worse, I don't have a landline. And I'm supposed to start a new job Friday. I'm just so sad about it because I used it for so much. Besides email, I have no contact with the outside world. The phone I held off for years to purchase it dead. I guess I can buy a new one for $60 that I don't have. I just need to scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment