Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Horses: Holly & Ed

Sorry it's been so long. Pretty busy with spring cleaning. I think I've done away with 30 bags of trash. I should set it out in the driveway and set an ad for free stuff. Donate the rest. I cleaned tons of clothes & I'm hoping to sort through them today. Last thing to do is sort through plastic bins in the attic. I've lived in this house since 2010 & that's when I put the bins up there. If I haven't needed anything from them by now, I probably never will. Except for genuine keepsakes. 

Holly the Amish Horse. So sweet & shy. 

Anyways, so my friends in Lancaster Co. all got a foot or two of snow! I'm so jealous. As it turns out Alice ABSOLUTELY loves the snow. About more than a lively group of children! She eats it. Runs real fast through it. Skids out. Loves snowballs thrown at her. You can hardly bring her inside!! My buddy plays outside with her, and when she wants to come in, she wants to stay out. Later, she barks like she wants to come in, so he opens the door & she runs away like "Come on! Come out and play with me!". She does this all night. Around 9:00 is bedtime & often she squeezes every minute out of playtime. Then she's passed out for the night. 

Ed the Amish Horse. So rowdy & impatient. Fast with the buggy!

She's really taken to her doggy bed. Not much jumping & sleeping on the couch. He's been trying to break her of that cause she sheds & is wet & yucky after being outside. She has a big dog cage for bedtime, but she pulled her blankets out and pulled them to her dog bed!! So now she lays on her bed to sleep rather than in the cage. I think she was born in June 2014, so she's going on 8 months in February? No way! 

Alice the Amish Pup! Wanting to jump up again. Teaching her "Be pretty. You can't jump on ladies." 

She's also less scared of the helicopter. It was on the floor one day & she got brave enough to finally touch it. Then she bumped the wooden rocking chair & that scared her! She's also learned to jump & spin when playing with the laser light. She's so addicted to that. She just lands on her big paws with a THUD! She's funny. Sort of clumsy sometimes. I say she lets her butt lead her. She flops down with her butt first. Speaking of "flop" she still has the adorable "flop ears"! I love her. 

I imagine her with a dog friend. I think she'd love that, but it would be extra work for my buddy. It's just him & Alice. He works outside of home in a physically demanding job, comes home to care for his two horses, tends to his house... He actually does alot. But Alice has kept him good company. 

In Georgia, I have an issue. My front door has a glass "screen" door that doesn't always latch. It's winter so I often have my front door closed & locked. I'll let my kitty Jonas outside to do his cat thing. He now knows how to open the glass door when it's not latched. Then it has closed & latched a few times. I hear "meeeeeeow!" and open the front door. Jonas is stuck between both doors! I don't know exactly how he does this. He's a real bonehead sometimes! 

Well, enough of that for now. It's lunchtime. Got a special treat in store for my next post! :-) Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment